Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"May I ask how you incorporate physical 'warriorness' in your life this day and age?"



Original Entry Oct 29, 2006

Another interesting question posed to me. This comes from a Yahoo group specifically focusing on the Morrigan (Irish Goddess of War, Lust and Death). Questions like this in a group that is, in essense, dedicated to war always makes me raise my eyebrow in confusion.

Question to me:

May I ask how you incorporate physical "warriorness" in your life this day and age?

And what would you say to someone who was called to this path who is not so into violence, let alone combat. there is little opportunity to change things for the better by fists alone, you're more likely to be sued for assault.

My response:

A warrior is one who is prepared for physical confrontation at a moments notice, but does not necessarily walk into one hoping it will happen. They are one who has the focus and courage should the need arise in such a situation. Hand to hand combat and weapons training can come from any martial arts form.

One who is a warrior doesn't have a need for violence or fighting, but knows how to fight when needed. When physical confrontation arises they know how to act...not react.

In my experience, it is the politicians that start the dispute and the warriors that end it.

Not all are called to warrior status...there were the farmers, the bards, the seers, ect. Not all are called to be a warrior first and foremost, but, in a specifically Celtic sense, all were trained, including the women (or so the Romans have written).

My question is...how can a Goddess of war be useful to someone who is appalled by the very thought and nature of war?

175 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment